- Finish a Short Entry FormTell us a little bit about yourself. Click "Apply Now" to get Started
- Write Your EssayTell us why you are studying Cyber Security
- Submit Your EssaySubmit and we'll review and notify the winner of the Cyber Security College Scholarship
Paying for Your Cyber Security Degree with a Cyber Security College Scholarship
It’s not news, school is expensive. With Cyber Security degree programs all over, there are many options to choose from. So, thrifty students are finding a way to enroll. There are lots of ways to make it happen like with a cyber security college scholarship, for example. In fact, the American Association of Community Colleges cited that of all the students that apply to college in the 2015 school year, 73% applied for Financial Aid. Not all of them got it, though. In the 2016 school year, 59% of enrolled students received aid.
Many students also work their way through school. AACC states that 62% of full time students at community colleges and 72% of part timers also hold down a regular job. Not only that, 18% of all community college students are also employed in work study programs.
Schools offer scholarships and fellowships as well. Some schools also offer special rates for students with military experience. Veterans may find that some of their active duty work can even count toward college credit. For this reason, military work experience in Cyber Security could be a good fit.
Cyber Security College Scholarship
As cyber crime increases, the demand for experts in the field is also going up. So we are here to help those that are looking to get into the cyber field. Paying for your school on top of your everyday expenses can be hard, and every little bit can help!
Some schools offer cyber security degree programs. While others, may offer a similar degree paths in network security, IT security, info sec, computer forensics or health information security.
We are offering a scholarship worth $1,000 to eligible students seeking one of these degrees. We hope to help offset the costs associated with earning a degree.
When awarded, the recipient can use the $1,000 tuition voucher for any cost associated with his or her school bursar’s office (some restrictions may apply based on the school).
CYBER SECURITY SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
In order to apply to our Cyber Security College Scholarship, you must submit a 250 word response to this essay question:
Why have you chosen to enter the field of cyber security?
The deadline to submit your application is July 15, 2021.
This contest is open only to those legal residents of the 50 United States and DC who are 18 years of age or older at the time of application. And, who are currently enrolled, or will be enrolled no later than the fall of 2021. Students must be going to an accredited school such as a college, university, or trade school. Students must also have declared a major in a cyber security program.
Please refer to our Official Scholarship Rules for more info.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Apply More Than Once To This Scholarship?+-No, only one application and essay is allowed per cycle. Your essay must also be unique and not published anywhere.
- If I am a previous scholarship recipient, can I apply again?+-Yes, as a former winner, you are able to enter again, as long as you are still eligible.
- What is the judging criteria for the cyber security scholarship?+-We are looking for well written essays. The essay must clearly and creatively addresses the essay topic. Judging is based on: Writing ability: 25% Creativity: 25% Originality: 25% Overall excellence: 25%
- How Many Scholarships Will Be Awarded. What Is the Award Amount?+-There will be one winning essay each year. The winner will be awarded a $1000 scholarship to help fund their college education. Winning essays will be posted on our site.
- I’m a Part Time Student. Am I Still Eligible to Receive a Scholarship?+-Yes! As long as you meet all other requirements.
- When will the winner be notified?+-Generally winners are notified within 60 days of the submission deadline date.
- How Do I Redeem if I Win?+-Winners are issued a scholarship voucher that is good until the posted expiration date. Once you are enrolled, you can submit the voucher for payment. A check is then issued payable to the college on behalf of the student.
- What Costs Can The Scholarship Be Used For?+-Military Scholarships are to be used by students for college related expenses. Such as, but not limited to, tuition, fees, books, supplies, on campus room & board, etc.